WIP Wednesday

1. marcella says:

Your projects are lovely! That sew together bag has been on my list forever but I just haven’t gotten there yet. Love it with your little bitty flower block!

My secret is a Really Big Closet 🙂 True story. I have a zillion and three projects neatly bagged and shelved in there. I can find them when I need them and ignore them until the time is right to work on them. Lots of tops made when I was teaching classes that never got quilted. Sometimes the right home comes along and I quilt one up. It will happen eventually, I feel no pressure to deal with them. If they were underfoot in my sewing room I’m sure I’d feel differently.

2. Becky (central oregon) says:

All I have to say is that sometimes the purpose of the project is just to see if the colors and patterns in your mind are going to work… when you see that the project is “DONE”

That’s my story and I am sticking to it!

3. Mary says:

I’m terrible for letting them pile up too. I am always too eager to move on to the next one.

4. Lisa Clark says:

I am bad at that as well. I have two quilts, a crochet along and your cross stitch sampler. I am glad I’m not the only one! lol

5. Penny J says:

I wish I knew – I think mine have taken over to the point of me being stalled completely. Can’t seem to finish anything because I know I’ve got all those to get QUILTED!!!

6. Marie-Claire says:

Magnifique bravo bonne soiree Marie-Claire

7. Kim says:

LOL! I’ve said that to myself too…and I keep telling myself, um ok-no more fabric until you use this! It’s more of yelling and inner screaming to myself. I love your projects tho! Great ones you have going!

8. Cassandra says:

I just posted some hints and tips for the Sew together bag on my blog yesterday, hopefully they will help you get that WIP knocked off! I was exactly the same, first 4 quilts I made I bought just for that project and worked on it until it was finished, even when it took 9 months. Last couple of months my WIP’s have exploded. I’ve been taking part in IG #nobuyjuly which has forced me to finish off what I’ve got and use my stash instead of buying more fabric. It’s been great to get some things ticked off the list! I highly recommend it 🙂

9. Anne says:

I love these three unfinished projects..there are so many ideas, and not enough hours.. I applaud your plan to rescue and finish these waiting items. I’ll cheer you on! I’d love to see them all again as you finish!

10. Cristina says:

Haha, I don’t think there are any tricks for keeping WIPs under control! I feel like I start a new project every week. I did figure out though, that when I have to stop working on a project because I’m waiting for more fabric or something, then I’ll never get done. But anyway, I love your WIPs and can’t wait to see them finished:)

11. Wendy B says:

Oh Cory, I”m sooooooo with you. I’ve finished one just yesterday…the first in a long time…thank goodness it was only small but it’s one off the list. I’m a serial starter so much so that I have over 80 projects (some WIPs and some KARTS ie Kitted and Ready to Start) ….and I still start new ones that catch my eye….am I mad??? I’ll be looking to you for inspiration!
    xox Sugary hugs
    Wendy :o)

12. Bev Ritzenthaler says:

Could you please post the instructions for the little flower that you put on a while ago. I accdentially deleted it. thank you. Bev.