I’ve been working quite a bit on the little hexie project I shared with you last week.
If you are an IG follower you have seen more hexies made:
the beginnings of a pillow layout:
and some applique taking place:
This design of this pillow has changed so much since my initial planning stages. I knew that I wanted to use the hexagon fabric(the background fabric) and mini 1/2″ hexagons inside the hexagons printed on the fabric but I had initially planned on more of a Grandma’s Flower Garden type design.
It wasn’t until I had made 75 little hexagons that I decided to change things up a bit.
For you applique lovers, I use Heat n Bond lite (almost always) and in this photo I am appliqueing using a blanket stitch which is a pretty standard stitch on most sewing machines.
To the hexagons, I added just a small piece of Heat n Bond lite on the back of them to hold them in place while I straight stitched around them. I still have a number of flowers left to make and then I’ll be ready to start quilting.
I have an idea in my head for some hand quilting–we’ll see if it turns out like I am picturing of if I will end up changing things! =)