Quilty Stitches Block #3

Posted in cross stitch, Quilty stitches on Feb 17, 2014

Rolling Stone

Block #3 in our Quilty Stitches Sampler is the Rolling Stone block.  You’ve probably seen this quilt block popping up in a variety of places.  I knew it had become a popular block, but I didn’t realize exactly how popular until I started poking around a little bit.  You will find Rolling Stone quilt blocks or a variation of one in all of the following patterns:

Fig Tree Quilts “Wheels” Pattern (Scroll Down)

Thimbleblossoms “Puddling Jumping” Pattern

Cluck Cluck Sew “Spin Cycle” Pattern

Red Pepper Quilts “Labrynth” Pattern

And this is just a brief list of some of the places this block has been showing up lately.  If you feel like you’ve been seeing it around a lot–you probably have! =)

Block 3

Quilty Stitches Block 3 PDF Pattern

I used DMC 351(Coral), DMC 958(Aqua), DMC 744(Yellow)

And all 3 blocks together so far:

1st Three Blocks

Hope you are all enjoying stitching along!

Use #quiltystitches to share your blocks on IG or share over on flickr.

11 to “Quilty Stitches Block #3”

Marie-Claire says:

Mercy de partager avec nous les belles grilles du quilty stich bonne journée Marie-Claire

judy says:

Tami Bucklew says:

I am loving this! PLEASE consider doing more quilt-theme (or any type) cross-stitch patterns. This is so much fun! I love the colors!

Peggy says:

I’m enjoying this sew along a lot too…..it’s so relaxing to sit down at night to watch TV and have the best of both worlds….quilting related & cross stitch!!!

Peggy in NJ

Carla says:

Oh my! Number three already. I haven’t done number two. Aaaahhhhk!

Karen says:

I haven’t posted any pictures, but I’ve kept up so far. Better than most BOMs I do. I can’t tell, but are you stitching in the background? I have a sashing, but it didn’t look ‘finished’.

Yea! I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get to it this week.

Rebecca says:

Ooh! I can’t wait to get started, thanks so much!

Thanks so much for this stitch along. I just started on block one and am loving an excuse to cross stitch again.

valspierssews says:

The cross stitch blocks look so cute. I will be watching the progress.
    valspierssews

Meg says:

I will try and post a picture back to you when this is done as I have changed up the colors. I hope it comes out as beautiful as yours. Thanks for sharing this. Having fun.

[…] it until I’ve done the last few stitches. Care to stitch along? Here are the links for blocks three and four. Fun […]

1. Very Quilty | Live Long and Stitch 05 04 14