Quilty Stitches Block #2

Posted in Embroidery, Quilty stitches on Feb 03, 2014

Block 2

I am so excited to have so many of you following along with my Quilty Stitches Cross Stitch Sampler!–I’m glad all of you are just as excited as I am about doing a little winter stitching. =)

Today, we are moving onto Block #2.  This quilt block is known by a few different names including: Odd Fellows Chain, Odd Fellow’s March, Old Maid’s Ramble, or San Diego.  It’s a pretty cool quilt block–especially when you see it in a quilt layout as it creates a pretty neat secondary pattern.

Odd Fellows Quilt

We will be stitching this block to the right of Block #1.

Blocks

The colors I chose for my block were Sullivans 45076 (Lt. Coral), Sullivans 45293 (Aqua), Sullivans 45422 (Peach).  And here’s your handy coloring diagram. =)

Quilty Stitches Block 2

Quilty Stitches Block 2 PDF

I love seeing all of these cute little cross stitch blocks popping up over on Instagram!–Remember to use #quiltystitches when you upload over there. =)  And as always I love seeing them in my flickr group!

Happy Stitching!

11 to “Quilty Stitches Block #2”

Bev says:

Yay! Thank you, I’ve been patiently waiting for Block 2!

judy says:

Thank You for the update. I am real excited about this project. Counted cross stitch and quilting are my two loves.

Whitney says:

Thank you! I have been having so much fun! I have been thinking about making a mini quilt for each of the cross stitch blocks.

Tiffany says:

Wahoo! Block two looks fun!
    I decided that I *needed* to stitch all of my “sashing” rows before starting on the blocks, and I’ve been steadily plugging away at it. Hopefully soon I’ll get to start on block one and it will be smooth sailing after that! I’ll post my pictures in the Flickr group soon. I’m so excited that you are doing this, the timing was PERFECT for me!

Diana Nelson says:

Stitching the sashing rows is a good idea and I may do the same as it’s hard to judge the spacing otherwise. Thanks to Tiffany for the hint.

meilssa says:

Hooray! Printing it out now. :)

Pamela Johnson says:

Thanks for sharing! I love cross stitch!

[…] Quilty Stitches Block #2 – 2 freebie(s) […]

[…] at Little Miss Shabby has posted the second block for the quilty stitches sampler along.  It’s not too late to join in.  A new block is […]

Diane says:

So, I missed it I’m sure, but how many strands are people using?

Melissa says:

I have all my supplies I just haven’t had a chance to start stitching yet. Can’t wait!

Rebecca says:

I really enjoyed both of these patterns so far, I can’t wait for the rest! I’ve always thought quilt blocks would translate nicely to cross stitching and you’ve proved that is true!

Marie-Claire says:

La grille est tres belle impatiente pour voire la troisième grille Marie-Claire

1. CraftCrave | DigiFree | CraftCrave 03 02 14