Scrappy Faux Piped Binding Tutorial

1. I have long admired the faux piping on a binding and have used it a lot myself. But never imagined it scrappy. That’s brilliant! Thanks sew much for sharing!

2. Sue says:

What a clever idea! It sets off your quilt just perfectly, sorta scrappy but without detracting from the design. Just perfect 🙂

3. Peg says:

It looks very professional, thank you for the tutorial will definitely be trying that method. I’ve pinned you on my home screen so I can find you quickly. Hope your arms don’t start aching with the ‘hanging’ around;)

Peg x

4. kitty says:

That’s brilliant!! Thank you so much for sharing this method!! Great tutorial!

5. Christina in Cleveland says:

Corey, this is STELLAR!!!! I am quilting a table runner right now and this is going to be a magnificent touch. I’ll try it out on something smaller first but I am excited to use this faux piping method. Thank you for the VERY clear tutorial!!
    ~Christina in Cleveland

6. Christina in Cleveland says:

Oh, I got so excited I forgot to tell you how wonderful Elonie’s quilt is! I love the quilt, quilting AND the binding!
    ~Christina

7. Nina Talbrant says:

Thank you for showing this fabulous way of binding.

8. Sigrid Golnik says:

Wow – beautiful! Never would have thought of this beforehand, but it is the best binding for this quilt. It just adds a perfect finishing touch!! Love it!

9. Rebecca Silbaugh says:

You are amazing! I have been trying to find a machine binding solution myself and I think I’ll give this a try! You know as I know, some quilts need to be done quick and machine binding is okay. Now I need to find a quilt to try this out on!

10. Mary says:

I love it. Now I have to make a quilt like yours and try it. Thanks for a great tutorial.

11. Staci says:

Wow! This post is just what I needed right now. I have a quilt I made in all solids and white background during the Moda Friendship hop that I need to bind this week–and this is the way I’m going to do it! This is perfect! Thank you so much for this nicely done tutorial.

12. erinmyone says:

Wow, very cool outcome! Thanks for the detailed tutorial!

13. Oh, I love that binding. Just fantastic. What a perfect finish to a stunning quilt!

14. amanda rose says:

Just pinned! Thanks for sharing. I love this quilt!

15. Lisa McGriff says:

GREAT AWESOME BEAUTIFUL!!! Love what you did, it is PERFECT!

16. KatieQ says:

BRAVO!! Thank you for sharing the wonderful tutorial. You explained everything so clearly. I hope my results will be as good as yours when I try it.

17. Debbie says:

oh this is genius – thanks much for sharing! It looks terrific!

18. Janis says:

What a fantastic idea. And thanks so much for your detailed instructions. I am going to try this on my next project.

19. I LOVE this idea so much. Perhaps I am being thick – but I can’t quite figure out how you attach your binding – I tend to sew mine to the front and then flip & hand finish on the back. I think I can still make this idea work for that too.

20. Leslie says:

Perfect choices! This is a technique I need to try.

21. Jody says:

LOVE IT!!!! 🙂 I’m thinking the little table topper Mom did would look cute done like this!…may pick your brain on what colors to use 🙂

22. Jan says:

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing. I only machine attach my binding, and I’m pretty good at it, but this will give me some variety when I want it.

23. Terry says:

Love your quilt and the binding is beautiful…thanks for the tutorial!

24. Sara says:

I love this quilt!! The faux binding is great too. I’ve always liked the idea of machine-stitching binding on, but i didn’t like the look on the back of the quilt. The faux piping makes machine-stitching the binding on make sense and look good too! Great tutorial. Thanks.

25. This is a great tutorial! Just perfect for this quilt.

26. Chanel says:

Never seen binding like this before, I think I just fell in love! I think it is the perfect finishing touch for your quilt and I will definitely try the technique myself. Thanks for the tutorial.

27. Sheila says:

What a wonderful look, I will certainly try this.

28. rosa says:

Love your quilt,just stunning and sure I`ll try the faux binding.Thanks for the tutoria.Have a fun week!!

29. Jessica C says:

This looks great! I think I’ll try this on my version of this quilt when I get it finished! Thanks for an awesome tutorial!

30. Marian says:

Thank you for this tutorial….I love this binding…I always machine bind, and this will be a great finishing for many projects!

1. December 1, 2013

[…] Corey at Little Miss Shabby recently shared a faux piped binding tutorial that I have been wanting to try.  It looks so easy […]

2. August 27, 2014

[…] just where I had in mind for it.  I used my faux piped machine binding technique that I shared a tutorial for here.  I love this technique, and so far it’s the only type of machine binding I haven’t […]