SuperSized! Sampler {Patchwork Stars Edition}

Posted in Projects, Quilts on Sep 04, 2013

Yay!  I’m excited to bring you a fun block along.  This project has been stewing along for a bit now and I can’t wait to share it with all of you.  For four weeks starting next Wednesday, I will be sharing a SuperSized (18″) block pattern of some old favorites.

There is a definite “bigger is better” trend taking place in the modern quilting world right now and I have been wanting to SuperSize these stars for quite awhile.

I will be using Reminisce by Bonnie Christine for Art Gallery Fabrics for my blocks.  Since purchasing these little lovelies I’ve been waiting for the right project and this is it.

We’ll be kicking off next week with a block that has at least 10 different names–I’m calling it the Morning Star Block(that was my fave of all the names I’ve heard it called).

Each week the block pattern PDF will be available for you to print out.  I hope you all join in!  The completed Star Sampler will measure approx. 43″ x 43″.  This would also be a fantastic Christmas Project!  Look how pretty the Morning Star block is in Winter’s Lane Fabric(this is my favorite Christmas line this year).  Ha!–I totally might convince myself to make a 2nd sampler in these colors. =)

Fabric Requirements

1/2 yard of 7 print fabrics for pieced blocks, 1 1/2 yard white solid for block background and quilt sashing(Note: if you plan to sash the blocks in a different fabric than your block background then you will need 1 1/4 yard of fabric for the block background and 1/2 yard fabric for the sashing), 1/2 yard binding fabric, 2 7/8 yard backing fabric.

Hope to see you all back here next Wednesday!

25 to “SuperSized! Sampler {Patchwork Stars Edition}”

Sharon Eshlaman says:

Oh, I can’t wait. How fun is this going to be!

Vickie says:

This sounds like a lot of fun! How much fabric should I prepare? I have been seeing the giant blocks and they look fun and fast. Thanks!

Renea says:

What a great idea!! I can’t wait to see all the blocks you are supersizing. I will definitely be adding these to my long list of want to make quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Karee says:

Wonderful idea to supersize favorite blocks. I will be right here every week! Thank you.

LINDA says:

YES YES CAN T WAIT STARS ARE MY FAVORITE!!! I M ALL EXCITING AND CAN T WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK !!!

Margaret Schindler says:

What a wonderful idea. I will be here. Thanks for sharing

Marilyn says:

Oh…Thanks so much for doing this…will be following along….Before you even showed the Winters Lane block I was thinking Christmas colors…Do you know where I could get the Winters Lane fabrics?

Marguerite says:

Looks great, can’t wait to get started. I love super sized blocks!

Marcia R. says:

So pretty! I’m going to try to join in. How much fabric do you think we’ll need?

Kathleen OGrady says:

Love it! I so hope to join in on this one….keep my fingers crossed ;)

robin says:

I can’t wait! I’ve already decided to make my quilt with more blocks so it can be used on a king size bed. Big bed – big blocks! Yay! Will anxiously await your next post.

I really want to try to fit this in Corey – looks like fun!

prima Donna says:

This is a fantastic idea! Can’t wait to get it started.

Anjeanette says:

How fun! (And Winter’s Lane is also my favorite Christmas line this year! I adore it!)

rosa says:

Looks very fun.Love your super sized block and hope to join!

jerri says:

Great block……….Looks like fun.

Oh, I too have been loving the BIG blocks that are coming back into vogue. Can’t wait to get started. Now to pick out my fabrics :)

This looks fabulously fun!

Sharon says:

This pillow is a fantastic design! I want a quilt with this. The contrasting thread for the quilting is brilliant

Julia Lock says:

I’m in, so excited!

[...] Corey from Little Miss Shabby has a Supersized! Sampler that just started and I have it on my list of things I really want to [...]

Amy DeCesare says:

Such a great idea! That block is awesome, especially in Winter’s Lane…and I’ve got some of that in my stash!

Mary Reinhardt says:

I love this block and plan to make it in Christmas fabrics. Can’t wait to get started.

Jesica says:

Love star blocks!! I’m subscribing to your blog! thank you!

Donna says:

I love your super sized block! Your fabric selection is beautiful also. I will be looking forward to your next installment.

Donna

[...] fell in love with the Supersized Sampler at Little Miss Shabby.  So, I followed Corey’s excellent tutorials and made my own patchwork stars.  You can [...]

amy says:

I am working on the Lone Star of Paradise blocks. I want o make a quilt with just this block. thank you for the patterns.

[…] I was finally inspired by Little Miss Shabby, who showed a sample of what Winter’s Lane could look like in her SuperSize…. […]

1. Sew Thankful Sunday, 09.15.2013 - The Crafty Quilter 15 09 13