I’ve completed my Tula Pink project. Last week I had just a few rows completely sewn together. Over the weekend I tackled the rest of them.
I didn’t overly concern myself with matching up the seams as I went along(totally out of character, I know!) which gives the piecing a little wonky feel which I think works well. My little project was on the way to becoming a journal cover so I knew I wanted to finish all of the many seams. I layered the top and a piece of fabric(no batting, I didn’t want added bulk) and quilted a crosshatch pattern.
I didn’t mark off the crosshatch before I quilted–it’s a bit more free form than my usual carefully marked lines.
And here’s the completed cover.
And the other side–
I added a print from The Birds and the Bees to the inside covers.
And the other side:
I really enjoyed working on this project! I was asked about the pattern that I was using & it’s one that I drew up myself. If you are interested in trying out this pattern for yourself I’ve attached the paper piecing pattern below.