Another Freebie–Irish Dreams Quilt

Posted in Quilts on Sep 20, 2012

Picture Courtesy of P&B Textiles

I have been working on a big project which is going to be keeping me very busy for the next several months.  However, I did want to pop in and share my Irish Dreams quilt design for P&B Textiles to showcase their Daydreams line of fabric.  This is another free pattern available on their website here.

This quilt, although it has a lot of 2″ pieces, it comes together somewhat quickly–I use the term somewhat rather loosely…although it does go quicker than you might think.  The quilt top is made up of 9 22″ triple irish chain blocks and then the borders….see, 9 blocks isn’t so bad, right! =)

Here it is pictured in Lilly Belle by Bari J. Ackerman for Art Gallery Fabrics.  I love this line of fabric and I am totally going to have to break down and purchase some!

I hope that you have all been able to enjoy the beginning of fall!

14 to “Another Freebie–Irish Dreams Quilt”

Karen Lange says:

Hi there, Corey! I LOVE this quilt, especially with the Lilly Belle fabrics. I’ll save the pattern for future use and thank you so much for it!

Hope all goes well with the big project you mentioned!

Take care, Karen

Kate Brown says:

What a beautiful quilt!! Way beyond what I would have the patience to do which makes me admire it even more! :)

Gorgeous design Corey! I think I have to make it.

Diana Nelson says:

Wouldn’t think the blocks are are 22″. Beautiful quilt – will have to make one.

Leslie S. in MN says:

That’s a neat pattern, Corey. I like it a lot in the calmer color scheme of Lily Belle. I might tackle that one day.

This is beautiful Corey!!! I hope your big project goes well. Now you got me all kinds of curious :)

Cindy Sharp says:

Very nice……what do you think of making this with some of the adorable piratey fabric that is out now? They would be like big “X’s” marking the spot!

traceyjay says:

I love Irish Chains! :)
    it’s beautiful Corey!

hafza says:

Oh! the pattern is lovely…thanks for sharing.

Marcia R. says:

I cut into my beloved Lilly Belle last night to make this quilt. I’ve been waiting for the perfect project, and I daresay this is it! I’m using the Lacis Spiceberry as the centers and the Henna Mustard Stripe as the background. Your pattern is fabulous – it is going to be so much fun!

Thst is so beautiful, and I love the variation–each block is different instead of the typical Irish chain. Lovely work!

CJ says:

Such a great quilt! Thanks for creating beautiful patterns like this. :)

Donna says:

I’ve always wanted to make an Irish Chain Quilt! Yours is lovely!