A New Class

Posted in Projects on Mar 06, 2012

I have several new classes that I will be teaching at Country Craft Cupboard, one of them is a cute fabric bin.  On a side note, do you all remember this post about decorating?  Well, I have eyed the above fabric at Joanns everytime I went in the store for the last several months–hmmmm….coral, aqua, green, & yellow.  I was glad for an excuse to purchase it. =p

This tutorial for this bin is available here–which I followed for the most part, one of the changes I opted to make was in attaching the binding around the upper edge of the bin.  I just couldn’t resist doing it by hand with perle cotton–you know I love the cuteness a little hand stitching adds.

If you’re looking for a fun project I’d love to have you join us!

18 to “A New Class”

Mary says:

Soooo cute! They would be fabulous in the sewing studio.

Super cute!!!! I might have to make me up some of these. How great would they be for scrap bins :)

Cathy says:

Very nice basket! I don’t join classes, but I hope many do~~! I do wonder about the frame you used to make it~ Blessings ♥

cute idea thank you

Peg H. says:

Hi Corey ~ I went to the shop’s website to see if it’s close enough for me to take this class, and for the life of me cannot figure out WHERE they’re located! Judging from the information on the site, I’m guessing somewhere in Ohio, but the only address they give is on “Main Street between the traffic lights”. Ummmm … WHAT Main Street? There are a gazillion of those in the United States alone. LOL. Love the basket!

• 5.1
      Corey says:

Oh goodness–you are so right! =p Who doesn’t love a fabric store scavenger hunt! LOL The shop is in Berlin, Ohio which is in central Ohio.

traceyjay says:

I wish I could join you too!

robin says:

I can’t tell where the Country Craft Cupboard is, but since I don’t recognize the area code, I’m thinking that it’s not close by. :-)

I would SO be at the class if I could. LOVE the bin.

robin :-)

Cute! What is the bin made out of? What makes it stiff? Was that hard to stitch through for the binding? Thanks!

Larissa says:

This little box is absolutely adorable!!! I can understand why you wanted some of that fabric!!!

Lilian says:

What kind of fabric is this? Is cotton?

Pamela says:

Hi! I just discovered your blog and I LOVE it! There are so many things I want to try! I am in LOVE with the fabric you used on this bin. It’s just what I’m looking for my daughter’s nursery. I know its been a while but do you have the name? I can’t find anything like it!

Rebecca says:

Same here… doing a girl’s nursery and would love to know the specific name of this fabric from Joann’s if you happen to know it. Thanks!