Scrapbuster Block Tutorial

Posted in Uncategorized on Mar 24, 2010

This will make a 12.5″ unfinished block
Cut your fabric as follows:
3.5″ center square
16–1.5″ squares for the first colorful border
2 strips 1.5″x5.5″ & 2 strips 1.5″x7.5″ for the first white border
32–1.5″ squares for the second colorful border
2 strips 2″x9.5″ & 2 strips 2″x12.5″ for the second white border
Sew together the following sets of colorful squares using scant 1/4″ seams:
2 strips 3 squares long
2 strips 5 squares long
2 strips 7 squares long
2 strips 9 squares long
To assemble the block, again using scant 1/4″ seams, begin with the center square add borders to the top and bottom, then left and right.  Repeat until block is finished.
I hope you enjoy this fun little block!  I’d love to see pictures if you use this tutorial. =)

25 to “Scrapbuster Block Tutorial”

Jenny says:

what a great square. thanks for the info. I hate to throw any fabrics away…

Mary says:

LOVE this! I definitely have to give this a try!

Dena says:

This is wonderful and just what I need for a swap so thanks

Elizabeth says:

Oh! I love it. Filing this away for future reference!

twin fibers says:

cute block! It's cheery and happy! :)

Beth says:

this is so great! I plan on making a big quilt using this style block with kona charcoal as my solid.

CJ says:

Love this one too. :)

ParisMaddy says:

Very cute!

Abbie says:

Love it!!!!

Mary Kay says:

Love the pillow! Great idea to use scraps :)

eileensideways says:

love it!

Theresa says:

I'm going to do a pair with Halloween fabrics…thanks!

Michele says:

Adorable! Thanks for the pattern!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts says:

One of the girls in a bee I am in asked us to make this block, I had such fun making one for her, that I am making one for myself! Thank you so much, I hope you do not mind that I put a link to your blog as I posted the picture on mine.

True Blue Nana says:

What a cool idea. I saw it on What kt made next. You could do so much with this. I would make it liberated or wonky. Thanks for sharing.

Natalie says:

by my calculations with these measurements, this only gets you 11.5" finished unless your seams are really scant…Is that correct? We are doing this block for a bee and I think we're having trouble getting to 12.5"…

Caty says:

As SOON as I get two seconds to myself when business slows down, I’m all over this like white on rice! LOL! :-) I CAN’T WAIT! Thank you for sharing this pattern, it’s just the stash buster I was looking for!

Dotti says:

Great way o tie all those wonderful bits and pieces I have and constantly collect because I can’t bear to discard them. Thanks so much for this and pasttern number two, also.

[...] Scrapbuster block tutorial – I’m currently revamping our back room which includes new cushion covers. I have lots of scrap fabrics left over from the hexie pillow I’m working on and this block will be perfect! [...]

[...] quite productive at the time, but then it ground to halt. It ground to a halt for a reason, the scrapbuster block tutorial. I still very much like the look of this block, but since I began working on it I’ve rearranged [...]

[...] are Scrapbuster Blocks from Little Miss Shabby’s tutorial and let me tell you, they take FOREVER. Not only do you [...]

Rebecca Cain says:

We often overlook the simple things in life, and THIS block brings us back to our roots. I love it and plan to make pillows for grandkids using this block. Thanks for sharing. Great!

Carol says:

I LOVE this! Thank you!

frances says:

I love this block thank you so much!

Look I made one!

lattegirl40 says:

Absolutely love your stash buster block!! Thanks for sharing the how!!! I am cutting and pasting and can’t wait to start bust’n my stash!!

Suzanna says:

Hi Corey,

I have loved this block ever since I made it 3 years ago for someone in an online bee, and now I cant wait to ask others to make some for me. I will be linking to this tutorial page, and wonder if it would be alright if I also reproduce your instructions so I can give a hard copy with each fabric pack.

Thanks very much.
    Suzanna

Bonnie Favorite says:

You are right…I can’t take my eyes off of this block. It’s such a happy pattern. Can’t wait to try it myself.

[…] following month I was Queen Bee and I chose the Scrapbuster block that Corey Yoder featured on her Little Miss Shabby blog. Once I decide how big I’d like […]

1. Stop pinning, start doing. | the red wren 17 02 12